Episode 46: Sejal Amin
About this episode
Joining Mik in this episode of Mik + One is Sejal Amin, current Chief Product and Technology Officer for Khoros, a Vista Portfolio company, and former CTO for the Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting Tax Professionals Business.
In this episode, Mik and Sejal discuss a wide range of topics around continuous improvement, team health, organizational design, and flow. Key discussions include:
- Lessons Sejal learned from making the shift from project to product and barriers to overcome when making that shift
- The importance of team culture and emphasising the health of the team
- Strategies to accelerate and make lasting organizational changes that focus on outcomes; including an example of a structure and data-driven environment in which teams can thrive
- Proven tools that increase team performance to effectively work around data and flow
- Structuring a product and team hierarchy that is conducive to a successful project to product transformation that enables learning, continuous improvement and continuous outcome generation
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
Follow Mik on Twitter: @mik_kersten #MikPlusOne www.tasktop.com
- Transforming Your Company From Project To Product Thinking: Lessons From A Large Enterprise by Sejal Amin
- The Emergence Of The CPTO by Sejal Amin
- Mik + One Podcast: Manuel Pais (Episode 42)
- VSM Consortium (VSMC)
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.
About Sejal Amin
Sejal Amin is a senior technology executive and product development expert with over 25 years of experience leading large teams through cultural, operational and technology transformation for SaaS initiatives.
Currently, she is the Chief Product and Technology Officer for Khoros, a Vista Portfolio company where she has been integrating a distributed Product and Technology organization while defining a Product and Operational strategy to execute on the company’s vision and growth goals. Prior to this, she was CTO for the Thomson Reuters Tax and Accounting Tax Professionals Business. She has a wide range of technology leadership experience across several business units at Thomson Reuters managing global product development teams and portfolios of growing size and complexity for 15+ years. Over the years, she led several enterprise-wide transformation initiatives focused on project to product transitions, organizational transformations, technology portfolio redesigns, and building high performance product development cultures to keep pace with a rapidly changing technology environment.
Sejal was recognized on the BT150 Transformational Executive List in 2021 and has a number of professional associations including Board Director for the Value Stream Consortium.