Episode 33: Scott Prugh
About this episode
Joining Mik in this episode of Mik + One is Scott Prugh, Chief Technology Officer at CSG.
In this episode, Mik and Scott talk about Scott’s experience and learnings from within the DevOps community, as well as many other key topics including:
- The three domains in DevOps portfolio management and how to think about them independently, as well as how they reinforce each other
- Flow Load and Work in Progress (WIP) and how organizations end up with a mismatch between capacity and the work that’s booked and committed
- Combining service ownership with produce value streams
- How to play the longer game by changing team structures and looking at managing services
- The concept of an impact minute and how to calculate it
- Successfully communicating technical language and processes to the wider team of stakeholders
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
- Scott Prugh at DevOps Enterprise Summit 2014: DevOps and Lean in Legacy Environments
- The Phoenix Project: A Novel about IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win by Gene Kim, Kevin Behr and George Spafford
- Accelerate: The Science of Lean Software and DevOps: Building and Scaling High Performing Technology Organizations by Nicole Forsgren, Jez Humble and Gene Kim
- Continuous Delivery: Reliable Software Releases through Build, Test, and Deployment Automation by Jez Humble and David Farley
- State of DevOps Reports
- Technological Maestros: Characteristics Of Innovative Leaders
- Admiral John Richardson on The Idealcast (Part 1) (Part 2)
- Mik + One Podcast: Dominica DeGrandis
- Mik + One Podcast: Dr. Nicole Forsgren & Dr. Denae Ford Robinson
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.
About Scott Prugh
Scott Prugh is Chief Technology Officer of CSG. Prior to this role, Prugh served as Chief Architect and Senior Vice President of Software Engineering, leading development and operations teams for CSG’s North American billing and customer care platform.
Prugh is an industry-recognized leader and international speaker on DevOps and enterprise transformation and sits on the programming committee for DevOps Enterprise Summit. As a 20-year technology industry veteran, Prugh has broad experience building and leading high-performing teams across development and operations functions for companies ranging from small startups to large enterprises.
Prior to CSG, Prugh was one of the original founders of Telution, where he served as CTO from 1998 to 2006.
Prugh received a B.S. in Computer Engineering from Bucknell University.