Episode 17: John Willis
About this episode
Joining Mik on this episode of Mik + One is John Willis, Senior Director of the Global Transformation Office at Red Hat.
In this episode, Mik and John discuss:
- Embracing failure for continual learning
- Flow Metrics as the next evolution of software delivery measurement
- Where most waste and wait times are found
- How team happiness is a leading indicator of value stream health
- The right structure and measures for adaptive, complex systems
About John Willis
John Willis is Senior Director of the Global Transformation Office at Red Hat. Prior to Red Hat, he was the Director of Ecosystem Development for Docker, which he joined after the company he co-founded (SocketPlane, which focused on SDN for containers) was acquired by Docker in February 2015.
Previous to founding SocketPlane in Fall 2014, John was the Chief DevOps Evangelist at Dell, which he joined following the Enstratius acquisition in May 2013. He has also held past executive roles at Chef and Canonical. John was one of the earliest cloud evangelists and is considered one of the founders of the Devops movement.
John is the author of 7 IBM Redbooks. He is also the co-author of the “Devops Handbook” and “Beyond the Phoenix Project” along with author Gene Kim.