Episode 2: Gene Kim (Part 2)
About this episode
In this episode of Mik + One, Mik continues the conversation with Gene Kim, best-selling author of The Phoenix Project and The Unicorn Project, as well as co-author of The DevOps Handbook for the second part of their discussion.
This episode centers around:
- Insight into the the Third Ideal: Improvement of Daily Work — why focusing on the improvement of daily work is even more crucial than the daily work itself, and the implications this has on technical debt
- The increasing significance of the Fourth Ideal: Psychological Safety — and its impact on organizational culture and performance
- The ideation of the Fifth Ideal: Customer Focus — and why leaders must prioritize top-level business goals and what customers value over everything else in order to achieve success in a modern transformation
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
- The Unicorn Project by Gene Kim
- The Pheonix Project by Gene Kim
- The DevOps Handbook by Gene Kim, Jez Humble, Patrick Debois, and John Willis
- INSPIRED: How to Create Tech Products Customers Love by Marty Cagan
- 2019 State of DevOps Report
About Gene Kim
Gene Kim is a Wall Street Journal bestselling author, researcher, and multiple award-winning CTO. He has been studying high-performing technology organizations since 1999 and was the founder and CTO of Tripwire for 13 years.
He is the author of six books, The Unicorn Project (2019), and co-author of the Shingo Publication Award winning Accelerate (2018), The DevOps Handbook (2016), and The Phoenix Project (2013). Since 2014, he has been the founder and organizer of DevOps Enterprise Summit, studying the technology transformations of large, complex organizations.
In 2007, ComputerWorld added Gene to the “40 Innovative IT People to Watch Under the Age of 40” list, and he was named a Computer Science Outstanding Alumnus by Purdue University for achievement and leadership in the profession. He lives in Portland, OR, with his wife and family.