Episode 37: Felipe Castro
About this episode
Joining Mik in this episode of Mik + One is Felipe Castro, renowned author, speaker and trainer on objectives and key results (OKRs).
In this episode, Mik and Felipe talk about how Felipe helps organizations transform how they use goals by adopting OKRs, and other key topics such as:
- How Felipe became an early adopter of OKRs
- Common mistakes organizations use when leveraging OKRs
- Why unlearning is the solution to change the ways of working
- The importance of shortening Feedback loops to manage risks and connect people to outcomes
- Characteristics of successful modern product teams
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
- Measure What Matters: How Google, Bono, and the Gates Foundation Rock the World with OKRs by John Doerr
- Measure What Really Matters: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly of John Doerr’s OKR Book by Felipe Castro
- The Obstacles to Unlearning by Barry O’Reilly
- Bill Campbell, The Coach of Silicon Valley
- Managing the Non-Profit Organization: Principles and Practices by Peter Drucker
- Mik + One Podcast: Christian Idiodi
- The Art of Action: How Leaders Close the Gaps Between Plans, Actions and Results by Stephen Bungay
- The OKR Origin Story: A closer look at the man (Andy Grove) who invented OKRs
- Unlearn by Barry O’Reilly
- Getting to the Bottom of Agile with Jeff Patton
- Building Products at Slack by Ken Norton
- Empowered by Marty Cagan and Chris Jones
- The Mindset That Kills Product Thinking by Jeff Patton
- Trillion Dollar Coach by Eric Schmidt, Jonathan Rosenberg, and Alan Eagle
- How to Avoid OKR Fake News – Keynote at the OKR Forum Amsterdam 2019 by Felipe Castro
- Webinar: Effective OKRs: Focusing on Outcomes and Finding Flow with Dr. Mik Kersten & Felipe Castro
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.
About Felipe Castro
Felipe Castro helps organizations transform how they use goals by adopting OKR, the Silicon Valley framework for goal setting.
Felipe created the OKR Cycle, a simple method to avoid OKR’s most common pitfalls. His methodology has offered countless businesses a myriad of advantages, among them: agility, alignment and cross-functional cooperation, reduced time for setting goals, clear communication, employee engagement, autonomy and accountability, focus and discipline and bolder goals.