Episode 26: Eric Willeke
About this episode
In this episode of Mik + One, Mik is joined by Eric Willeke, Co-Founder and Principal of Elevate.to.
In this episode, Mik and Eric touch on many key points around simplicity and flow to drive successful digital transformations, including:
- Lean-agile techniques and helping organizations to understand agility, progress and reorganize around it
- How inherent simplicity relates to flow and how to reverse Work in Progress (WIP) issues and bottlenecks
- Agile sponsorships and the importance of tying agility to the company’s purpose and market outcomes in a clear and obvious way
- The risks of mechanical adoption and why it’s a common pitfall
- The danger of proxy metrics and advice to organizations to drive successful digital transformations and organizational process in 2021
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
- Scale Agile Framework
- Peter Drucker
- W. Edwards Deming
- DORA metrics
- The Unicorn Project by Gene Kim
- The DevOps Handbook: How to Create World-Class Agility, Reliability, & Security in Technology Organizations by Gene Kim, Jez Humble, Patrick Debois, and John Willis
- Findings From The Field – John Allspaw’s presentation at DevOps Enterprise London 2020
- Mik + One Podcast: Peter Moore
- Zone to Win: Organizing to Compete in an Age of Disruption by Geoffrey Moore
- Doing Agile Right: Transformation Without Chaos by Darrell K. Rigby, Sarah Elk, and Steve Berez
- The Essence Of Strategy Is Making Choices: Michael E Porter
- The Missing Step in Digital Transformations: Defragmenting Your Value Streams by Eric Willeke
- The Three Things that Make a Meaningful Vision by Simon Sinek
- Team Topologies by Matthew Skelton and Manuel Pais
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.
About Eric Willeke
Eric Willeke is cofounder and Principal of Elevate.to. He partners with leaders at all levels in applying Lean-Agile techniques to get better results through improved change management, better steering and alignment, and a deeper focus on the outcomes that matter.
Eric engages across many industries in some of the world’s largest and most complex companies, as well as the smallest, high-growth startups. He helps by instilling Agile business management techniques, accelerating the deployment of critical initiatives, and mentoring executives leading large-scale Agile transformation efforts.
Eric is a principal contributor to the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), a SAFe Fellow, and a SAFe Program Consultant Trainer. He can be reached at email@example.com.