Episode 11: Dominica DeGrandis
About this episode
In this episode of Mik + One, the official Project to Product podcast, Mik is joined by Dominica DeGrandis, Principal Flow Advisor at Tasktop and Author of “Making Work Visible: Exposing Time Theft to Optimize Work & Flow.”
In this episode, Mik and Dominica cover a variety of topics, including:
- Reflections on the COVID-19 pandemic, its impact on organizations, and advice for leaders, teams and individuals to get through this time and find their own flow
- Exploration into how Dominica’s work in ‘Making Work Visible’ applies at the individual, team and organization levels
- Leadership’s role in acknowledging employee burnout and working to improve it in order to increase employee confidence, innovation and engagement during the Turning Point
- Getting Work in Progress (WIP) under control in order to improve flow
- The concept of Flow Safety, and why it is critical in making structural changes and seeing successful results
- The importance of experimentation when removing bottlenecks, and how it can help to increase team happiness and productivity
- Why exposing dependencies is critical in order to make fast decisions that produce results, reduce wait times, and reduce WIP
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
Release date: 30 June, 2020
- Do you have “Dark Debt” in your IT organization’s culture?
- The 5 Best Metrics You’ve Never Met
- Reinvigorating the PMO to Support Your Organization’s Transition from Project to Product
- Calling All PMOs: How to Evolve Your Teams to Manage Work by Product
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast to never miss an episode
Dominica DeGrandis is the Principal Flow Advisor at Tasktop, where she helps customers improve the flow of work across value streams. Responsible for introducing customers to flow-based aspects of digital transformation, she guides IT teams and business teams to understand and adopt new ways of working to improve performance.
Dominica is the author of “Making Work Visible: Exposing Time Theft to Optimize Work & Flow.” She is a huge fan of using visual cues to inspire change and spur alignment across organizations. She lives in Seattle with her husband and extended family. She blogs at tasktop.com and ddegrandis.com.