Episode 18: Bryon Kroger
About this episode
On this episode of Mik + One, Mik is joined by Bryon Kroger, Founder and CEO of Rise8, and former co-founder and COO of the USAF’s Kessel Run.
In this episode, Mik and Bryon’s conversation includes discussions around:
- The remarkable story of Project Kessel Run at the U.S. Airforce
- Driving change at large bureaucracies
- Adopting a “think big, start small” strategy to software transformation
- Paying attention to total cost of ownership of a value stream
- Avoiding the Lean trap and alignment trap
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
About Bryon Kroger
Bryon Kroger is the founder and CEO of Rise8. Prior to RIse8, he was co-founder and COO of the USAF’s Kessel Run, where he led operations for an enterprise-scale software lab that put DoD on the map in the DevOps community–running a worldwide cloud platform and 22 customer-facing products. Frustrated by the path the DoD was taking to scale the team’s success across the rest of the enterprise, he got out and decided to tackle the problem as a digital services provider.
Bryon launched Rise8 in 2019 to help change agents transform their rebellions into digital revolutions–continuing his mission to transform the DoD into a software company that fights wars!