Episode 30: Brian Solis
About this episode
It’s episode 30 and what a guest we’ve got! Mik welcomes Brian Solis, Global Innovation Evangelist at Salesforce and world-renowned keynote speaker and an award-winning author of eight bestselling books.
In this episode, Mik and Brian cover a lot of ground and discuss many key topics including:
- How people should think about their digital transformations in order to change their thinking in 2021 and adapt to the novel economy
- Avoiding the pitfalls and traps of digital transformations and guidance on how organizations can successfully adapt
- The importance of defining a product value stream and measuring transformations to increase customer value, faster
- Driving innovative digital experiences in order to gain customer attention and loyalty
- Advice to the Digital Change Agents in order to get leadership buy-in and drive change middle-up instead of top-down
Subscribe to the Mik + One podcast today so you never miss an episode and don’t forget to leave your review.
- Digital Transformation In 2021 And Beyond – A Prediction by Brian Solis
- Salesforce Executives Predict the Future of Work in 2021 and Beyond
- Why the Lean Start-Up Changes Everything by Steve Blan
- McKinsey Digital Report: The COVID-19 recovery will be digital: A plan for the first 90 days by Aamer Baig, Bryce Hall, Paul Jenkins, Eric Lamarre, and Brian McCarthy
- Wall Street Journal: How Volkswagen’s $50 Billion Plan to Beat Tesla Short-Circuited by William Boston
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
- The Digital Change Agent’s Manifesto; Empowering Tomorrow’s Leaders From Within by Brian Solis
- McKinsey Global Survey: How COVID-19 has pushed companies over the technology tipping point—and transformed business forever
- Mik + One Podcast: Rene Te-Strote
To download the transcript for this episode, click here.
About Brian Solis
Brian Solis is Global Innovation Evangelist at Salesforce, the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Brian’s work at Salesforce focuses on thought leadership and research that explores digital transformation, innovation and disruption, CX, commerce, and the cognitive enterprise.
Brian Solis has been called “one of the greatest digital analysts of our time.” Brian is also a world renowned keynote speaker and an award-winning author of eight best-selling books including, X: The Experience When Business Meets Design, What’s the Future of Business and The End of Business as Usual.
In his latest book, Lifescale: How to live a more creative, productive and happy life, Brian tackles the struggles of living in a world rife with constant digital distractions. His model for “Lifescaling” helps readers overcome the unforeseen consequences of living a digital life to break away from diversions, focus on what’s important, spark newfound creativity and unlock new possibilities.
For almost 30 years, Solis has studied and influenced the effects of emerging technology on business and society. His research and books help executives, and also everyday people, better understand the relationship between the evolution of technology and its impact on people and also the role we each play in evolution. As a result of his work, Solis also helps leading brands, celebrities, and startups develop new digital transformation, culture 2.0, and innovation strategies that enable businesses to adapt to new connected markets from the inside out.
With a loyal online audience of over 700,000 people online, his work makes him a sought-after thought-leader to leading brands, celebrities such as Oprah, Shaq and Ashton Kutcher and over 1,000 startups around the world.
Brian also hosts (r)evolution, a popular online video series that examines technology, trends and best practices and introduces viewers to the thought leaders who are blazing the trail. Guests have included Katie Couric, Mark Burnett, Shaq, Billy Corgan, and Adrian Grenier.